Why is the weight of the crispy roast pork lesser than the weight that I ordered?
The weight loss is due to the loss in fats (pork belly is fatty!) and moisture during cooking. Hence, the weight of the final product will be much lesser than when it is uncooked. It is also due to this reason that we use the uncooked weight of the meat for taking orders as it will be difficult to determine the actual weight after cooking.
Is there any minimum order for the Crispy Roast Pork?
We recommend at least 1kg (weight before roasting) so that it will not be too dry from the cooking process.
* 1kg serves about 5-8 people if you are having it as a side dish.
Do you provide delivery?
During festive peak season –
Peak season includes: Chinese New Year Eve, Chinese New Year Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Food delivery option is unavailable during peak season unfortunately.
Outside festive season:
For delivery to a specific location, delivery charges apply.
Collection of orders will be at 21 Cuscaden Road, Ming Arcade #05-04.
Delivery fee as follows:
* Orchard, Somerset, Dhoby Ghaut areas – $5
* Other areas – S$20
** Delivery to Tuas/Jurong/Jurong Island/Sentosa/Pasir Ris/Changi area, there will be an additional surcharge of S$ 20.
How many days notice do you require for private orders?
We require about 1 week notice.
How much do you charge for the Crispy Roast Pork?
The price is S$30/kg (normal rate) of uncooked meat.
*For promotions, please check under ‘Promotions’ section.
We based the price on uncooked meat as the weight loss (fats and water loss) after baking is different for each slab of meat.
Customers will be informed on the total costs once we have the weight of the pork belly.
What payment methods are available?
We operate on C.O.D terms.
Are there any sauces accompanying the crispy pork?
Definitely! Every order of crispy pork will come with a sauce of your choice.
Additional sauces can be purchased at the ‘Shop’ link. (Amended since Jan 2016)
For older folks / customers who prefer the traditional sauces with Roast Pork, we recommend mustard mayonnaise and Uncle G’s Potent Chilli.
Our collection of self made sauces:
- Spiced honey glaze, applied on the roast pork itself. No worries, the crackling will still be crispy.
- Creamy honey mustard, consists of mustard, cream & honey.
- Apple + Plum , pure fruits combination, no coloring or artificial flavoring added.
- Orange glaze, can be applied on roast pork or simply provided in orange marmalade form.
- Mustard Mayonnaise, combination of Dijon mustard & mayonnaise.
- Tomato Jam, made from pure tomatoes cooked into jam form.
- Uncle G’s Potent Chilli, made from blending chilli padi & other real goodness.